A Concise Guide to Buying an Espresso Machine
Buying an espresso machine can be a daunting task - there are currently more than 200 home machines on the market, with more appearing every year.
Reasons to buy an espresso machine
- You may be spending a great deal of money in coffee houses and see a home machine as an investment.
- You want to enjoy espresso coffee in the comfort of your own home.
- You want an machine for health reasons - espresso coffee contains far less caffeine than drip-brewed coffee.
Reasons NOT to buy an espresso machine
- Good machines are not inexpensive. They generally cost between $200 and $900. Just how serious you are about making real espresso is an important first consideration.
- Cheaper machines require regular cleaning.
- Making superb espresso is a culinary art - don't expect to duplicate your favorite coffee house brew at the first attempt.
Still interested? Of course! Go on to types of espresso machine.